Friday, May 20, 2011

Example of play, part 2

Example of Play, Part 2




After Initial scouting, we pick another technology to research. There is fertile land hear the landing area, but there is alot of fungus that needs clearing. We take Centauri ecology to get access to Formers. These units are liek Engineers in other Civ games, but have many, MANY, actions they can do.


I start to move my colony pod south and my discovered rover to the East.


We found the second base, Baikonur two spaces to the south. While this will cause a little overlap, it will make the bases easy to defend and use up all the nearby fertile spaces.


My explorign rover encounters a mass of mind Worms, this games version of Neutral npc units. Mindworms  do combat via a special means.  I'll go into details later. I go ahead and kill this unit to keep it from harassing me. 



I finish the Ecology tech and now have some Formers.



Remember those pods I told you about?  They can give bad results as well as good. This pod causes a white blood cell type reaction in the native life and grows a huge mass of fungus.

Not only will clearing the fungus be a pain in the ass, (6 turns per square per former) but thick batches of it tend to spawn neutral units, which harass bases and can pick off unguarded, non-combat units.



So after several more turns I have the nearby area scouted, It seems that the bloom to the south means Ill be expanding northward.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, this looks like a really complicated game. Props for reviewing and giving a guide. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! Keep the posts coming, i enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete